1897 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 213, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Home Health Care Agency - Medicare Certified
Click Here to Read Our Reviews
For further information about home healthcare or to book an intake appointment, contact UNS today at 1-800-334-5140.
Give us a call at (800) 334-5140.
Or, Complete the form below.
We respect your privacy.
Home Health Care Basics: How Can We Start Helping You Today?
At any given time, you or your loved one may need to use the services offered by home health care to assist with medical, personal care or rehabilitation needs in the comfort of your own home environment. Professional and skilled private home health care can be delivered in a variety of home settings, including private residences, retirement homes and long-term care facilities - basically wherever “home” happens to be. Each and every client has their own unique needs and home health care services provided are dependent upon what our clients need and/or want. Services can be arranged for a specific period of time (i.e. after a surgery) or on an ongoing basis (i.e. a chronic health condition).
Here are just a few examples of how home health care could help you or your family member:
• After surgery, you may become temporarily restricted to your home for medical reasons and require skilled services as you recover. Depending on the nature of your surgery, skilled nursing interventions could include wound or post-surgical care, while physical therapy could include interventions to assist with strengthening or mobility.
• After a prolonged hospital admission or the exacerbation of a chronic disease, you may find yourself weak and in need support as you convalesce at home. You may have medical needs requiring nursing care or physical needs which require a physical therapist to help you get back to your normal strength, conditioning or mobility.
• You may have a chronic condition you are struggling with such as diabetes, COPD, or heart failure. Skilled nursing staff can provide you with valuable education on your disease process and teach you how to better manage your condition; they may monitor important vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate or oxygen levels.
• You may be experiencing difficulty with your mobility and/or having falls. A physical therapist can help you with safety and may recommend a walking aid such as walker or cane; they can also prescribe exercises to help improve your balance, strength, and mobility.
• Due to a medical condition or reduced mobility, you may be finding it more difficult to accomplish everyday tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing meals, toileting or other activities of daily living (ADLs). Nursing aides can assist you with completing these activities; an occupational therapist can suggest equipment or strategies to make ADLs safer and more manageable.
These are just a few examples of the many ways you or your family member could benefit from home health care. These services, whether skilled nursing, home health aide care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or other home health services, could be covered at 100% under Medicare. In order to qualify for full coverage, you need to be under the current care of a physician and be unable to leave your home, need assistance to leave your home, or be required to take extreme physical efforts to leave your home.
Home health care services can assist with offering necessary support services and can help arrange additional services, such as Meals on Wheels, which may allow you to continue to live as independently as possible in your home. If you are in a hospital, speak to your discharge planner, doctor or social worker to help you get the care you need. Or call us directly at 1-800-334-5140 to see how we can start helping you today.
Understanding and knowing the requirements for Medicare to provide home health care can benefit you and your loved one before it becomes too physically or medically difficult to stay in your own home. With a little bit of help, you can stop worrying about your basic care needs and start enjoying life again. Call us before it’s too late.
United Nursing Services has been providing compassionate and professional home healthcare services to clients since 1986. Locally owned, United Nursing Services is a dually licensed, Home Healthcare and Medicare-certified agency. United Nursing Services offers superior home care services, including skilled nursing care, home health aides, therapy, respite care and companionship. Our clients can expect high quality home care services delivered with a caring and personalized touch. For more information you can visit our website at www.unitednursingservices.com or call us at 1-800-334-5140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.