1897 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 213, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Home Health Care Agency - Medicare Certified
Click Here to Read Our Reviews
Call (800) 334-5140 or complete the form on this page today to learn more and to arrange for a Registered Nurse evaluation.
Give us a call at (800) 334-5140.
Or, Complete the form below.
We respect your privacy.
15 Years Later - Remembering 09/11
Do you remember the moment you first heard a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City on September 11, 2001? If you are like most Americans, you felt shock, sadness, and fear.
This weekend marks the 15-year anniversary of 09/11. It began in New York City, at 8:46 a.m. on a beautiful, sunny September morning.
Terrorists overtook American Airlines Flight 11 and crashed it into the North Tower of the World Trade & Convention Center, commencing the worst terrorist attack in world history. Three more planned attacks would follow that fateful morning, with planes crashing into the South Tower, the Pentagon and in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
An estimated 3000 people lost their lives and 6000 more were injured, forever changing the lives of their families, friends, and an entire nation.
Yet, amid this nightmare that embraced America, hope began to push forth. Many nations across the world condemned the attacks, offering support and solidarity to the American people. As the hours and days after this horrific event passed, endless accounts of immense human bravery, kindness, and compassion began to emerge:
• United Airlines Flight 93 was en route to San Francisco from Newark when passengers and crew learned of the events through phone calls from loved ones. Passengers and crew courageously tried to regain control of the plane, however, failed when the hijackers intentionally crashed it.
• 411 emergency workers, including firefighters, paramedics, and policemen, died trying to fight fires and rescue victims.
• Across the country, police and rescue workers took voluntary leaves of absence and traveled to New York City to help recover bodies.
• Blood donations the week following the event grew exponentially.
• Passengers on flights diverted to other countries were given shelter, food, and support in community homes until safe travel could resume.
• Hospital staff worked days on end with little time for rest or nourishment.
These are only but a few of the many stories to be told, representing an unwavering force that whispers love can triumph over hate.
As we bow our heads and quietly remember those who did not survive 09/11, we are also reminded of the suffering and healing our country has endured over the past 15 years. We bear witness to the truth that hope, love, compassion and bravery are alive and well in this great country of ours.
United Nursing Services has been providing compassionate and professional home healthcare services to clients since 1986. Locally owned, United Nursing Services is a dually licensed, Home Healthcare and Medicare-certified agency. United Nursing Services offers superior home care services, including skilled nursing care, home health aides, therapy, respite care and companionship. Our clients can expect high quality home care services delivered with a caring and personalized touch. For more information you can visit our website at www.unitednursingservices.com or call us at 1-800-334-5140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.